Integrated Life Sciences (ILS) is designed to inspire, educate, and launch the careers of the most talented and most accomplished students interested in all aspects of life sciences, including biological research and biomedicine. This living-learning program incorporates four components in order to provide a unique undergraduate experience:
- a residential program composed of 75-80 students entering each year;
- an honors track of four interdisciplinary science courses offered by accomplished scholar-teachers in the life sciences;
- facilitated opportunities for meaningful research and clinical experiences on the UM campus and at the federal research and biomedical institutes in the Washington, DC area; and
- service-learning experiences related to sustainability, public health, and STEM education.
Our goal is to make this living-learning program a national model for contemporary undergraduate education in the life sciences at large research universities.
Calendar of Events
- August 28th
- August 29th
- 11:00 am ILS Welcome Meeting
- 12:00pm DC field trip
- August 30th
- 11:00am New Student Welcome
- 3:00pm Honors Convocation
- September 3rd First Day of Fall Semester
Complete Calendar of Events